Call it serendipity or pure coincidence...
So before I let you in on how it went, I've got some preliminary thoughts to share with you.
- I’m already a fairly healthy gal. Though I don't officially exercise (I have a toddler boy to help me with that), I do treat my body as the divine temple she is ;) and do my best to mostly consume high vibe goodies like hearty salads, avocados, coconut water, wild-caught fish, and the occasional grass-fed beef and pasture-raised chicken. I make it a point to supplement my diet with adaptogens like ashwagandha, holy basil, and maca. Okay.. and dark chocolate. Oh Lord, do I love dark chocolate.
- Although I try my best to eat well, I still struggle with anxiety and keeping to my self-care routines.
- On that note, I have always struggled with finding and sticking to a routine/ self-care ritual. We will get into that a bit later.
Also, a little debunking is a must.
- These products are in no way capable of getting you high. This is because they don’t contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Initially, I was skeptical of the product for its price point. However, when I began to consider the amount of love and intent that goes into these bottles, as well as the top quality ingredients and regenerative hemp used, I shifted my perspective. The topper for me was when I started to consider the expensive spirulina that’s sitting in the freezer that I hardly use, as well as the number of adaptogenic tinctures I have in my cabinet that I forget to take... like all the time. Because they’re unpleasant to the pallet. So really, the quality ingredients used, as well as the ease and convenience of taking these shots, make me realize that it’s only logical that this is where I want to spend my money, at least when it comes to consuming quality superfoods and adaptogens. And let’s be real, I could easily skip my daily cappuccino and occasional gel nails for this new hemp-infused lifestyle.
- Another point I’d like to debunk is the fear of how they taste. Plant-y, spicy, and herby are the adjectives that come to mind when I taste these elixirs- and I LOVE it (and so does my son). Besides the coconut water in the Restore shot, you’re not going to taste an overly-sweet substance. Not here, and I don’t believe sweetness is what should be expected! (In comes the nutritionist...) If you’re off-put to the taste of these elixirs, I recommend you take a look at the amount of sugar you consume daily. Maybe your tastebuds just need a little detox ;) Substituting your usual sugary wellness drinks with Lumen can totally help with that.
Okay, back to the challenge.
6 Days of Lumen Challenge Conditions:
- AM -
- PM -
~ Some Notes Regarding Specific Days ~
My verdict is that Lumen is delicious tasting and feels like an immediate internal hug.
Nutritionist, holistic cannabis coach, and lover of all things Nature. Graduating with a BS in Nutrition and Dietetics from SFSU, Erin has turned her love for holistic nutrition into a booming cannabis-centric nutritional practice and is now working on her newest project, Flower Belly. Follow her adventures on her website and Instagram.