To preface this post - I wanted to share the fact that Erin Willis, nutritionist and holistic cannabis coach, created this recipe during her "6 Days of Lumen" challenge as a way for her to spice up her routine a bit! If you haven't checked out her post on the challenge, I highly recommend it :)
- Kris, Lumen Co-Founder
- - -
Immune-Boost Chicken Soup
~ serves 2-4 ~
Featured Contributor: Erin Willis | Mother Indica & Flower Belly
- 2 Immune Regenerative Hemp Elixirs (4 oz. total)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise, chopped
- 3 large carrot sticks, chopped
- 1 in. turmeric root, peeled or not peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 in. ginger root, peeled or not peeled, roughly chopped
- 16 oz. chicken bone broth or veggie stock
- small bunch of rosemary, thyme + sage wrapped in twine
- 6 oz. roasted lemon + pepper chicken breast, shredded
- fresh juice from one lemon
- roughly chopped cilantro
- sea salt + ground pepper to taste
- In a medium to large saucepan, heat coconut oil and add onion and garlic. Let cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, let soften for about 4 more minutes. Add turmeric and ginger.
- Pour in chicken bone broth, Immune elixirs, and herb bundle, cover, and let simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and continue to simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat and serve with fresh lemon juice, cilantro, and salt + pepper to taste.
Nutritionist, holistic cannabis coach, and lover of all things Nature. Graduating with a BS in Nutrition and Dietetics from SFSU, Erin has turned her love for holistic nutrition into a booming cannabis-centric nutritional practice and is now working on her newest project, Flower Belly. Follow her adventures on her website and Instagram.
What is your company’s mission? Our Mission is not quite a simple one you know, on one face, it’s to bring health and awareness of what the hemp...