To preface this post - I wanted to share the fact that Erin Willis, nutritionist and holistic cannabis coach, created this recipe during her "6 Days of Lumen" challenge as a way for her to spice up her routine a bit! If you haven't checked out her post on the challenge, I highly recommend it :)
- Kris, Lumen Co-Founder
- - -
Immune-Boost Chicken Soup
~ serves 2-4 ~
Featured Contributor: Erin Willis | Mother Indica & Flower Belly
- 2 Immune Regenerative Hemp Elixirs (4 oz. total)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise, chopped
- 3 large carrot sticks, chopped
- 1 in. turmeric root, peeled or not peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 in. ginger root, peeled or not peeled, roughly chopped
- 16 oz. chicken bone broth or veggie stock
- small bunch of rosemary, thyme + sage wrapped in twine
- 6 oz. roasted lemon + pepper chicken breast, shredded
- fresh juice from one lemon
- roughly chopped cilantro
- sea salt + ground pepper to taste
- In a medium to large saucepan, heat coconut oil and add onion and garlic. Let cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, let soften for about 4 more minutes. Add turmeric and ginger.
- Pour in chicken bone broth, Immune elixirs, and herb bundle, cover, and let simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and continue to simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat and serve with fresh lemon juice, cilantro, and salt + pepper to taste.
Nutritionist, holistic cannabis coach, and lover of all things Nature. Graduating with a BS in Nutrition and Dietetics from SFSU, Erin has turned her love for holistic nutrition into a booming cannabis-centric nutritional practice and is now working on her newest project, Flower Belly. Follow her adventures on her website and Instagram.